What Are Affirmations For Sleep?
It is no secret that words are powerful. But what about the words you constantly say or think about yourself? These words are called: affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements that you can repeat to yourself to reprogram your conscious and subconscious mind.
Affirmations are used as a popular self-help tool, because affirmations are easy to customize and often short enough to remember to repeat throughout your day. You can also write down affirmations on a piece of paper that you can carry with you. Or put up in your office or wherever you want in your home. But have you heard of affirmations for sleep?
You can use affirmations for sleep any time of your day. When it comes to sleep, affirmations for sleep can be especially powerful during your sleep period. Sleep affirmations, just as the name implies are affirmations that you can repeat to yourselves just before you fall asleep.
You can also listen to affirmations for sleep while you are sleeping. You spend around two thirds of your life sleeping, so why not use your precious time to create positive thoughts that work in your favour.
How Does Affirmations For Sleep Work?
While you are sleeping, your brain produces theta waves. Theta waves occur at a frequency of 4-8 Hz and have been observed in very deep states of meditation and hypnosis. Theta waves improves your use of sleep affirmations because it is during your theta wave sleep that you can connect with your subconscious mind.
Sleep affirmations during your theta brain wave frequency range are like a form of self-hypnosis. Here you can address your limiting beliefs, negative thought patterns, lack of discipline, and gain access to creative ideas.
Why Do Affirmations For Sleep?
So why should you use sleep affirmations? Affirmations for sleep are easy and effective and do not require a change to your current sleep schedule. During sleep, you do not have any distractions and during sleep you can listen to affirmations while you are sleeping. You should make your bedroom as comfortable as possible with dimmed lights and cosy bed, so you can allow your mind to be at ease while you listen to your sleep affirmations.
“Where focus goes, energy flows.”– Tony Robbins.
Do Sleep Affirmations Really Work?
Your thoughts affect every aspect of your life. From the way you perceive yourself, the choices you make and whether you believe you can achieve your deepest desires. Many athletes, successful entrepreneurs and even bestselling authors have used the power of positive thinking.
Positive thinking aka affirmations coupled with healthy lifestyle choices, goal-setting and balance can work wonders on your outlook on life. You can use any of the following sleep affirmations below to get started today.
Oftentimes your mind can be oversaturated and overworked by the end of the day. Affirmation for sleep will help you release tension and establish a sense of wellbeing and allow your sleep to be harmonious and peaceful.
Positive Sleep Affirmations
- I am easily able to recall my dreams.
- I experience the highest level of wellness during my sleep.
- I give myself permission to experience the most tranquil sleep tonight.
- I release the events of my day; I bless them and thank them for all of the lessons from my day.
- I am experiencing harmony with the world around me and this is reflected in the quality of my sleep.
- All of my hopes and dreams are fulfilled during my sleep.
- My mind, body and soul are worthy of high-quality sleep.
- Every thought and every breath is infused with peace as I drift off into my deep sleep.
- At this moment I allow myself to experience sweet rejuvenating qualities of deep and blissful sleep.
- My dreams are infused with the eternal love of the universe.
“Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” -Steve Maraboli
Sleep Affirmations for Success
Whether you are a CEO, starting up your own company or a hardworking mom, success is something that everyone desires at one point during the course of life. Sleep affirmations for success will help align you with a successful mindset and inspire you to believe in yourself.
Here you find affirmations for sleep that will bring you success.
- I am destined for success.
- Everything I touch turns to gold because I am a shining example of success.
- Success is inevitable for me because it is my natural state of being.
- I walk confidently knowing that my success is assured.
- I am delighted to know that all of my endeavors will be successful no matter what I do.
- The more action I take the more I succeed.
- I feel worthy of success, it radiates from me and reflects back to me on daily basis.
- I have all that I need to be successful in my life.
- I am open to receive success beyond my wildest imagination.
- I vibrate to the frequency of success.
Sleep Affirmations for Anxiety
Anxiety is a natural response to stress. More and more people are turning to the power of affirmations alongside other treatments to help cope with their anxiety. If you are dealing with anxiety these sleep affirmations for anxiety will help your mind, body and soul feel at ease.
- My mind, body and spirit are now safe to release all of my worries and fears.
- I inhale tranquility and I exhale any stress that I may be holding onto.
- I am calm and peaceful.
- It is easy for me to release my stress and tension from my body.
- Everything is wonderful for me in this present moment.
- I am free to let go of anything that no longer serves me.
- I am helping myself and those around me when I choose cheerful and happy thoughts.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- At this moment I am choosing to release any negative thoughts that are no longer in alignment with my harmony and peace.
- Every part of my body surrenders into relaxation and bliss.
Sleep Affirmations for Self-Love
Self-Love is an essential component on the path to well-being and wholeness. These affirmations for self-love will help you feel worthy and accepting of the love that is all around you.
- I love myself and my love for myself is always a high priority.
- I am worthy of my own time and attention.
- I am open to give and receive love in a healthy and balanced way.
- I am constantly aligning myself to the vibration of love because it is easy for me.
- My journey to self-love is an ever-unfolding journey and I fully honor where I am in life.
- I fill up my cup so that I can share love from my overflowing cup of love.
- I am a unique and beautiful individual with so much to offer the world.
- Today I am choosing to put myself first.
- I am worthy of most divine, extraordinary, and blissful love.
- I love, embrace, and accept all of my flaws, they are what make me an exceptional and radiant human being.
Sleep Affirmations Law of Attraction
Affirmations are the key that unlocks the power of the law of attraction. You can put the power of the law of attraction into action you while you sleep. Since the law of attraction always works in tandem with the universe, just like your thoughts, you can manifest your desires and use the law of attraction affirmations for sleep below:
- My manifestations come to life right in front of my eyes.
- Manifesting my desires comes easily and effortlessly to me.
- Miracles happen for me every day. All I have to do is be open to receive them all.
- I am a master manifestor.
- I manifest my desires with divine grace and ease.
- By putting the law of attraction into practice, I will manifest the life of my dreams.
- I am a vibrational match to everything I am calling into my life.
- The whole universe is conspiring in my favor.
- I am empowered by knowing that my manifestations are already on their way to me now.
- I easily attract the people, places, and things I need to make my dreams a reality.
Sleep Affirmations For Confidence
When you are confident with yourself, you give yourself permission to let go of any limiting beliefs. Beliefs that might make you feel like you are not capable of achieving any of your goals or the courage to take risks. Sleep confidence affirmations will bring you trust in yourself and your capabilities. Below you find sleep affirmations for confidence:
- I am confident and it shows in everything I do and say.
- I realize that everything in my world is a reflection of my inner belief in myself and my assurance in my own confidence.
- My confidence is validated by my divinity.
- I am stronger than I previously thought and I can overcome any of my struggles with confidence.
- I believe that I am becoming more and more confident each day.
- I am confident and strong in all situations.
- My confidence is growing and expanding with every passing moment.
- Any obstacles that may come my way are divine opportunities to put my strengths and confidence into practice. I am grateful for this.
- Today I put forth my most dynamic and confident self forward.
- I trust that my self-confidence will guide me to make all the right decisions.
Sleep Affirmations For Weight Loss
Weight loss might not be something you have on your mind when the new year arrives. To reach and keep your ideal weight can be one of your biggest goals, especially if you work with personal development. You are worthy of feeling and looking your best. Use the affirmations for sleep below for your weight loss to create and maintain your health and wellbeing.
- My body is now experiencing its most healthy state and wellbeing.
- The weight I choose to drop is dropped easily and effortlessly.
- My body deserves the most healthy, fresh and vibrant foods and I choose to eat with my wellbeing in mind.
- Whenever I look at myself, I admire how beautiful and healthy I am.
- It is amazingly easy for me to maintain my ideal weight.
- I love to exercise. It makes me feel terrific.
- Every moment I am making the best decisions that support my ideal weight and overall health.
- I make sure to drink plenty of water. I love to hydrate my body.
- I admire how amazing and hardworking my body is and I treat it with kindness and respect.
- Everyday in every way I am feeling lighter and lighter.
Sleep Affirmations For Wealth
Everyone has a different meaning of wealth. For some, it might be the freedom to travel or to build schools in a third-world country. Whatever your definition of wealth, wealth begins with a wealth mindset. Use these sleep affirmations below for wealth to put you in the frequency of wealth.
- Prosperity and wealth are my natural state of being.
- The more value I put out into the world the more my wealth increases.
- Wealth and abundance are my birthrights and they are on their way to me now.
- I feel safe and secure when it comes to my wealth.
- I am an exceptional human being who is capable of manifesting large sums of money easily and effortlessly.
- I have mentally and physically prepared for wealth to become a natural way of living for me.
- Wealth permeates every aspect of my life.
- I make wise decisions and know how to manage my wealth.
- I am wealthy, prosperous, and abundant.
- All of my choices and decisions are leading me to wealth.
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
Sleep Affirmations for Depression
Depression occurs for many different reasons. Whether your depression is due to grief, loss, illness, divorce, or financial worries, these sleep affirmations for depression are an amazing tool to help you find optimism and hope through any dark times. Depression is something that can be overcome. With a firm decision to overcome depression, anything is possible. You can use affirmations for anxiety and depression to help you alongside your other treatments.
- I believe that everything is working out for the best for me.
- I am hopeful, peaceful, and joyful.
- Today I did my best and I am choosing to be compassionate and gentle with myself.
- I am allowing my mind to slow down and be at ease.
- No matter how difficult this situation may be, I am going to find things to be grateful for.
- I am worthy of treating myself with kindness, empathy, and compassion.
- I deserve to live a life of ever-abounding happiness and joy.
- This moment is a fresh new beginning and I can choose to release anything that is not aligned with my peace.
- I am choosing to see things in another light.
- I remain calm and poised no matter what is going on around me.
Sleep Affirmations for Insomnia
Irregular sleep schedules, blue light from electronics, stress and worry are just a few of the culprits responsible for insomnia. There are many natural treatments for insomnia, but the power of affirmations for sleep and insomnia could help you get a good night’s rest.
Here you find affirmations for sleep and insomnia.
- I am now living in the present moment and in this present moment, I am calm, peaceful, and serene.
- I deserve a peaceful and blissful night’s sleep.
- My body, mind and spirit are feeling at ease and are now ready for sleep.
- I always get to enjoy a night of deep and restful sleep.
- Sleep heals my body, and I am worthy of this healing.
- I feel carefree and this allows my body to become heavy and relaxed enough for sleep.
- I feel very sleepy and drifting off into sleep now.
- I am sleeping throughout the night and my body knows how to keep my mind and body at ease.
- Tomorrow when I rise from my bed, I will feel so refreshed and rejuvenated.
- As soon as my head hits my pillow, I am allowed to release the day and relax into a well-deserved slumber.
Is it good to listen to affirmations for sleep while sleeping?
Listening to affirmations while you are sleeping is a good idea if you want to achieve a specific goal, rewire any limiting/negative beliefs, or become a happier and more positive person.
Are affirmations for sleep good?
Sleep affirmations are good because these affirmations are usually stated in the present tense and use positive and uplifting words like happy, joyful, magnificent, and brilliant. Just before you fall asleep and right before you wake up are the best times for you to repeat or listen to your affirmations. Because sleep affirmations can shape you into a new and more positive version of yourself.
How effective are affirmations during sleep?
Affirmations during sleep are remarkably effective. When you are asleep, you no longer think or focus on your worries or everyday problems. When you listen to or say your affirmations in a theta brain wave function (which is the same as a state of self-hypnosis or deep meditation) your sleep affirmations can bypass you conscious mind and go right into the subconscious mind.
Your subconscious mind is always awake, because this is what controls many of the body functions that you don’t have to think about like breathing, heart rate, etc.
Do affirmations work while sleeping?
Affirmations for sleep do work while you sleep. Not only do affirmations help you drift off into sleep, but your conscious mind is at rest and allows your subconscious mind to be accessed. This is a perfect time to plant new suggestions that you are working on in your everyday life.
What does science say about sleep affirmations?
There have been studies done to see whether any changes occur in the brain for people that use affirmations. A published study led by Doctoral Candidate Christopher Cascio and associate professor Emily Falk, found that using affirmations activates the reward system in the brain.
“Affirmation takes advantage of our reward circuits, which can be quite powerful,” says Cascio. “Many studies have shown that these circuits can do things like dampen pain and help us maintain balance in the face of threats.”